Job Title: Family Support Worker
Job Reference: RS102682
Application closing date: 13/03/2018
Salary: Circa £15,300 per annum pro rata
Fixed-Term Contract until 30/09/2018, Part-Time (working 21 hours per week)
Fixed Term Contract, Part-time, Social Care
Location: Llandrindod Wells, Powys
How we work:
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
As a Family Support Worker based in Llandrindod you'll be working in our Family & Behaviour Support Service, under the direction and supervision of the Flying Start Health Visitors and Action for Children Practice Team Leader in the Flying Start area of Llandrindod. You will deliver a 6-12 week family focused service involving the whole family to improve outcomes for the children; providing bespoke packages of care to individual families adapting help to meet their needs and circumstances; where necessary work with Flying Start childcare settings/groups to improve outcomes for Flying Start children. You will be required to attend and report to local Flying Start meetings when necessary and play a key role in delivering the core Flying Start outcomes as part of the wider Flying Start team. Please note this post is to cover Maternity Leave.
How you'll make a difference:
· By offering practical support, routines or support in the community
· By providing bespoke packages of care to families
· By working closely with Flying Start Health Visitors
· By being an integral part of the Flying Start team
What you'll need:
· S/NVQ 3 Health & Social Care (Children Pathway), NNEB or equivalent level 3 vocational qualifications
· Experience of direct work with pre-school children and a knowledge of parenting programmes
· Knowledge and experience of effective record keeping for statistical and safeguarding purposes
· Good IT skills for applications appropriate to the role
· Full driving licence and access to a car
Please contact Wendy Moss for more information on this opportunity via Wendy.Moss@actionforchildren.org.uk. Interviews will be held on 26/03/2018.
Job reference number: RS102682
Please apply online at : www.actionforchildren.org.uk
submitting articles for this site
If you wish to have any news relating to services for children and their families published onto this site please forward items to PAVO via email: email@example.com. Preferably send attachments in Word or publisher rather than pdf format.
If you wish to have further information about anything appearing here please do contact PAVO via the HelpDesk email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0845 009 3288
If any of the links to documents, surveys or other websites don't work please do let us know and we will try again.
See our Sister Blog: PAVO Powys Play Partnership -http://powysplaypartnership.blogspot.co.uk/