August 2019 sees the start of the next Prince’s Trust Get Into Retail programme with our national partner, Marks and Spencer. This will run from Monday 19th August – Thursday 12th September inclusive (9am-5pm) and we are now looking for suitable young people, to take part.
Where will it take place?
All training days will be held at M&S Store, Culverhouse Cross, Copthorne Way, Cardiff, CF5 6YZ although during the programme, each young person will also be allocated one of the following local M&S stores to complete a detailed work placement: - Culverhouse Cross Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil.
Who can apply?
Any young people aged 16 -25 inclusive, who are interested in working within the retail industry, keen to increase their employability skills in this sector and able to commit to the programme dates and Taster Day.
Anyone interested in being considered should now sign up for the Taster / Selection Day which is scheduled for 10am – 5pm, Tuesday 13th August 2019 at the M&S Store, Culverhouse Cross, Copthorne Way, Cardiff, CF5 6YZ.The Taster Day is likely to include icebreakers, teambuilding activities, an introduction to M&S, and Prince’s Trust paperwork. I am also planning a Get Ready session between now and the Taster Day, to help young people prepare well for this opportunity. Details of this preparatory session will be sent out to all young people who sign up for the Taster Day.
The small print!
- Any young person considering this programme must be motivated and have at least a degree of personal confidence as it will involve engaging with M&S customers, (albeit with supervision in the initial stages of the programme). They should also be aware that working in a retail environment demands a lot of time on one’s feet.
- Although M&S will not consider any young person with a Theft related conviction, any other convictions will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Although M&S uniform is provided for the actual programme, all young people will be expected to wear smart interview attire for the Taster Day.
- Public transport travelling expenses during the programme and on the Taster Day are reimbursed.
- M&S will provide each young person with £3 for lunch on every day of the programme and the Taster Day.
How do I refer a young person?
Text ‘Call me’ to 07983 385 418
Call for free on 0800 842 842
If you have any questions regarding the taster day / programme please don’t hesitate to contact me on 07483971217 or emailing
Millie Nelmes | Princes Trust Operations Executive | The Prince's Trust Cymru | 16 Ocean Way, Galdames Place, Ocean Park, Cardiff CF24 5PE | Tel: 02920 431518 (Ext: 2426) | Mobile: 07483971217
We believe Youth Can Do It. Discover your potential, or help someone discover theirs> Find out more.