Runaway Helpline is here for young people before, during and after they run away. The helpline is open 24 hours a day and is always free and confidential. You don’t have to have credit on your phone to contact us.
Through Runaway Helpline we can:
· Facilitate a 3 way call - Some young people may find it too daunting to directly contact the Police. Through 116 000 we are able to set up a three way call to enable first contact. Contact may be made to the Police, teacher, social worker, foster parent, family member or support worker (amongst others).
· Pass a message home - We are able to pass a message home on behalf of the missing person on to a family member or caregiver.
· 1 to 1 chat – Through our online chat service young people can receive support without picking up the phone. They can use 1 to 1 chat discreetly and access the same support offered on the helpline.
· Written guidance – Many young people wish to read about the ‘what ifs?’ about running away. Our website allows them to weigh up their options safely. http://www.runawayhelpline.org.uk
· Aftercare - As well as our helpline, we have a service in Wales called Aftercare, which gives us the ability to provide additional support to families when the young person returns. The focus of Aftercare is to get to the root cause of the missing incident, to ensure that the young person is not put at further risk by becoming a repeat missing person. Families and professionals can both refer through 116 000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information about services available or to discuss a presentation to your service, please contact email@example.com